9.03.2018

Easing into Fall


I've been laying low for the past few weeks trying to get my strength back frollowing my bout with pneumonia 😟 before we head out again for another adventure.  This time we are heading to England and renting a houseboat on the Thames River.  We have been assured that it will be easy and even with no boating experience we should do just fine.  I'm imagining an episode of Gilligan's Island!!!!  We'll see!  

While I was trying not to do very much I had some quiet days in my sewing room.  I'm not advocating a major illness, but it was a bit of a silver lining to have time to sew.  I thought I would share a quick post before I head out...

I have been eyeing a piece of decorator linen at my local Hobby Lobby.  I would check it out whenever I went in, trying to decide if it would soften up enough to make a dress.  Last week all the decorator fabrics were on sale (30% off!!! Yeah!) So I bought a couple of yards to see what would happen.  The first time in the washer and dryer a bit of the sizing washed out, a couple more rounds and it softened up really nicely and got that wonderful linen rumpled feel that I adore.

Since I had just spent a month honing my T-shirt pattern with Rhonda, I kept the ball rolling and used my favorite woven T pattern as the starting point.  When I decided that I wanted to add the collar, I measured the neckline and then measured the only piece of fabric I had left, and...it was meant to be.  It was exactly the right size, I didn't even cut it!  

Here's my first fall feeling project...I'm looking forward to a few more when I get back at the end of the month!

Bon Voyage!


8 comments:

  1. Amazing and wonderful things you can create. Hope you get better. Buen viaje¡. I follow you from Guanajuato México. Many thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Christina!
      I am recovering thank you for your kind wishes...and I am so glad to know you are enjoying my little adventures!

      Delete
  2. Becky, this is so cool. Hope younat3vfeeling better and enjoy England

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to 'see' you in my inbox!!!! Thanks! I think we'll have a blast. No sewing machine on board though. ;)

      Delete
  3. Glad to here you are feeling better enjoy your time in England. Like the dress, wish I was more creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a creative genius! And don’t try to convince me otherwise! Glad to have pneumonia behind me. Definitely not something I’m going to do again!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful result. Stunning. It will look great on you. I hope you will give us some pix with you wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn’t particularly photo ready when I finished it, still needed some color in my cheeks. I’ll try to remember to get some pics this fall when I wear it.

      Delete