8.05.2016

In the Mood

When I visit my son in NYC I get off the plane into a cab and head immediately to Mood Fabrics!  Now before you label me 'Bad Mom', let me say that I usually arrive while he is at work, so I need something to do while I'm waiting for 5:00!






Getting to wander through several floors of fabric on a regular basis is totally fabulous...but may require an addition to my sewing room! 



I've learned over the years that I can't go to Mood with the idea of just getting whatever 'speaks to me'...It ALL speaks to me!!!




Having something...anything...in mind narrows the scope to something more closely resembling the time I have to spend in the store.

This trip was about 'layers.'  I spent most of my time in the silk and sheer fabrics which I have neglected on other trips.

Here is the wonderful pile-o-layers that I will be playing with later this year....





The number of layering possibilities is crazy!!  And will keep me entertained for a long time.  I may even make something...who knows!



Of course I couldn't totally ignore the wools and jerseys, so these lovelies also came back to Michigan with me...








A bit hard to see...sorry...but there is a wonderful dark grey/green wool jersey, a lighter taupe wool jersey, a heathered tan rayon jersey and a heavy jacquard stretchy something glorious!






I also collected some novelty knits that were just too cool....











I am quite sure that these new additions to the line up will find spots in my annual fall 'Swapping of the Fabrics.'  Which I can hardly believe is right around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you. And lucky us when we get to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love it if my son was a bit closer for visiting, but at least he has the good sense to pick a spot with great fabric shopping!! Lucky me!

      Delete